1. Parenting
Carrie Craft

As Paris Jackson Says Goodbye I Think Michael Jackson's Children Are Going to Be OK

By July 8, 2009

I couldn't let today go by without saying a bit about Michael Jackson's memorial service yesterday. I wasn't going to, but I just had to say something. Watching Paris Jackson say goodbye to her dad really touched my heart. As her numerous aunts and uncles stood all around her, she made a heartfelt statement about her love for her father. The Jackson family were there for her, supporting her, and helping her begin to work through the grief of losing a parent. It was easy to see that Michael Jackson's children were going to be OK, they seemed to have a connection and an attachment to their extended family. This attachment is what will help these children grieve and move on with their lives.

The courts may continue to struggle to determine what is in their best interest, but in my opinion, I hope that Michael Jackson's children can remain with the Jackson family. We may not have always understood Michael's behavior, but like with any person who may have endured some kind of abuse, there were allegations of abuse as a child, it's really impossible for any of us to fully understand what drives their sometimes challenging behavior and impulsivity.

Perhaps that's why Michael so wanted to be a father? To provide a child with everything he felt he missed out on, being in the spotlight since age 5. Hopefully, his children will now see that he wasn't always a walking controversy. He is the Kind of Pop and made a huge impact on music and dance, and they can grow up among others who love and understood him, the Jackson family. It may sound corny, but home really is where the heart is.

Keep up to date on the custody battle for Michael Jackson's children.

Comments
July 10, 2009 at 2:05 pm
(1) Carolyn Davis says:

I also believe the children of Michael will be okay and need to remain with the people they love and know as family and who love them and give them the support they need. Biological or not, they are MJ’S kids and their father to them was their Dad and their memory of him needs to be honored. Joe Jackson may have been a harsh dad but all grandparents are different with their grands, and besides, Michael’s brothers and sisters are adults now and will have a strong voice and say in their upbringing, for Michael’s sake. My heart goes out to Michael. May he rest in peace, a peace he was not afforded while alive. I believe his conversation to Lisa Marie was a cry for help. Her mom had divorced Elvis.He did not want to go that way. He loved her,and wanted lots of children. Being young she could not see this.When she divorced him, he did not really want any other wife.He just settled for someone to give him babies. Had he and Lisa stayed married,I believe they would have had many children like his parents and the story would not be over now.

July 10, 2009 at 3:41 pm
(2) adoption says:

Carolyn,
Thanks for your comments on Michael Jackson’s children. I moved your comment to this blog as it was on the blog about mothers and drug abuse. I hope you don’t mind. I’ve changed it to where it should read your name and not mine – for some reason – it still says “adoption” as the author. Hopefully it will change over soon and read your name as the author of the comment.

July 13, 2009 at 7:52 am
(3) sebastien allix says:

hello my name is sebastien, I have 14 years, my home is in france the city is Hirel, in Ile et Vilaine, I am like you I was moved by paris jackson I know what I am saying has nothing do with the tribute but since I’ve seen paris j jackson I resent feeling love.I know that for some people I will look stupid,but I don t care.I love that you go see it and tell him what I’ve said. I hope you will thank you if you do .thank you

July 15, 2009 at 1:15 pm
(4) Sally says:

I also feel the best place for Michael Jackson’s children is with his family. Debbie Rowe may have given birth to these children, but its quite apparent she has no relationship with them. I feel she had these children for Michael in exchange for a hefty amount of money. It would be a big mistake for the courts to take these children away from the family they know to be with “a MOM” they barely know.

July 15, 2009 at 1:18 pm
(5) Carrie Craft says:

Thank you for sharing your feelings Sebastien.

July 15, 2009 at 1:19 pm
(6) Carrie Craft says:

Sally,

I think they are working on a plan that includes Debbie in regards to visitation with the children. I hope that this can be accomplished and that the children are not separated. Thanks for sharing your view point.

July 16, 2009 at 9:45 am
(7) sebastien allix says:

hello my name is Sebastien, I have 14 years, my home is the city in france is Hirel, in Ile et Vilaine, please, what I say is true I am really in love with paris jackson j’aimerai really out with her so I ask you to go see it and say it is important to me I ask you to do so. I would be recognizing. if you tell him, tell him that loves Sebastien Allix. answer me quickly to my e-mail that I let you. thank you if you do