1. Parenting
Carrie Craft

The Avengers Movie Offends Some Adoptees

By May 4, 2012

I have yet to see the new movie, The Avengers, which kicked off the 2012 summer movie season today, but a reader tipped me off to a comment that she found particularly offensive while reading a movie review in The Examiner

The Avengers is about demigod - Thor, (played by Chris Hemsworth), super soldier - Captain America, (played by Chris Evans), playboy billionaire - Iron Man, (played by Robert Downey Jr), a scientist - The Hulk, (played by Mark Ruffalo), and two super assassins - Black Widow (played by Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (played by Jeremy Renner) who team up to save the planet from Loki (played by Tom Hiddleston).

It seems that the character Thor explains his brother Loki's violent killing spree with the flip comment, "He's adopted."  The reviewer, Kelly Jane Torrance, uses this in the review as an example of a "great line" that allows other characters than just Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man a "chance to shine."

What do you think? Is this a "great line" or is it offensive to adoptees?

My response to the majority of the responses can be found in a new blog post - Hero Movie Brings Out Bullies.

Other Movies That Have Caused Some Irritation

New Adoption Horror Movie Orphan Causing a Stir
Does the movie Juno do Adoption Justice?
Why Does Disney Keep Doing This?

Suggested Reading:

Comments
May 5, 2012 at 12:08 am
(1) Jim McClain says:

I was offended. I am about the biggest comic book nerd and Joss Whedon fan there is, but I was sorely disappointed in that one line in the movie. It ruined the entire experience for me, and my daughter, who is adopted, won’t be sitting in an audience that breaks out in laughter over the method by which our family was created.

May 5, 2012 at 8:00 am
(2) Deb S says:

I think we need to see it as it was intended – to mean that they weren’t blood related. We all need to laugh at ourselves and not be so serious all the time! Kids won’t be offended at this unless their parents make it a bad thing.
I laugh about my white legs all the time – it doesn’t mean I don’t love my kids with brown skin.

May 5, 2012 at 9:19 am
(3) Har says:

No one is questioning that you don’t love your kids. Think if you’re kid was adopted how they would feel hearing everyone laugh because the bad guy is doing these bad things because he is adopted. Yes they are not blood related but that line makes it seem like because of that you will do bad things. It wasn’t necessary and I think it should be cut from the DVD release because no one would do the right thing and do it now with it released already.

May 5, 2012 at 2:21 pm
(4) Kathy Elder says:

I actually goggled “The Avengers adoption comment” because I was also very offended by this line in the movie. I took my 8 year old “adopted” son
to see the movie on opening day. When the line was quoted, everyone in the theater laughed. My son asked me “what did he say”" And I had to pretend that I didn’t hear the comment, because what was I suppose to say? ” Well son he said that the bad guy was adopted……that’s why he is doing all these bad things”? How do you explain that to a child who is still learning the how’s and why’s of being an adopted child. Then on top of everything else this is a Super Hero for goodness sake making the comment. I just can find no humor.

We both really liked the movie. But like the other poster said the comment ruined the movie for me. I REALLY hope they leave it off the DVD, because my son will likely want to watch this again…..and I doubt the comment would go unnoticed the second time. Guess I’ll have to come up with an excuse not to buy it on DVD or demand.

May 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm
(5) Jamie says:

I was upset enough by this – after years of seeing adoption referred to in a negative way in the media and entertainment – to start a petition on change.org demanding that Marvel issue a public apology: http://www.change.org/petitions/marvel-comics-marvel-comics-apologize-to-adoption-community

May 6, 2012 at 4:25 pm
(6) adopted avenger says:

I didn’t find the indian aston kutcher thing offensive but they took that down. Why do people fight so hard when someone says they are offended? There a 6 million adopted people in the us. If half of them were offended or even one third it should be enough to take it down.
Just word it differently. Or take it out all together I dobt it will change the meaning of the plot.

May 6, 2012 at 9:08 pm
(7) Mara says:

I signed your petition, Jamie. I’ll post it on my facebook.

I also made one:

May 6, 2012 at 10:54 pm
(8) Eric Qel-Droma says:

Deb S: You’re 100% wrong. My daughter and I saw the movie today, and she heard the line as we were headed out to our respective rest rooms. She was almost in tears from that line right out of the gate, and we had to spend some time talking about it before she could go back in.
Your suggestion, “We all need to laugh at ourselves and not be so serious all the time!” is ridiculous in this context. To you, to Joss Whedon, to Chris Hemsworth, to Disney, to the public, this might all be a joke. To my daughter, it’s her life. Being adopted is a part of who she is.
But maybe you’re right. Maybe the next movie should have some throw-away lines about how Fury couldn’t get the job done because he’s black, or how they should have had a man do the Widow’s job, or how this was all the Hulk’s fault somehow because he’s a stupid r—-d. Let’s see how funny “jokes” like that are when spoken by someone kids are supposed to look up to. Maybe next time Captain America can make those jokes instead of Thor.
Give me a break. Marvel dropped the ball here, big time.

May 7, 2012 at 3:39 am
(9) Random Lurker #42 says:

Ok, seriously people? This was a throwaway line meant to be funny that just so happens to be slightly insulting to a small portion of the viewers. If your kid starts crying over this, you really need to toughen them up before they go to the wonderful place called school where much graver insults fly.

May 7, 2012 at 12:50 pm
(10) Random Lurker #43 says:

Well random lurker 43, I am a 30 year adopted adult and I started crying and had to leave. And I was tough throughout school and when insults were levied at me about my adopted-status. In most cases, I was usually smarter than bullies, and I could and would defend myself, and took pleasure in it.

However, there is something *very different* about hearing a line like that in a huge blockbuster film, in a dark room, with 100 people laughing. Not at you — but at the screen and at the line, which most (not being adopted) thought was a throwaway. Who can you defend yourself to? The actor? The movie? The audience?

So, I just walked out. I am an adult, and I don’t want to support that. I don’t want kids to use that line on other kids in school. I don’t want adopted children to have to “toughen up”. Perhaps you and the movie-makers think we are a smaller portion of the viewers than we really are — hence why we are all talking about this.

And as a doctor, I would like to note I got through (many years of) school pretty well.

May 7, 2012 at 3:31 pm
(11) TJ says:

The sincerity of the premise that Loki was never seen as Other by his adoptive family was completely erased by the joke. This joke historically was used in a BIOLOGICAL sibling situation (which is still a slam on adoption but seen as funny because it was clearly not true). When used regarding an ADOPTED sibling it makes absolutely no sense! Use of this joke in this movie discredits the story’s premise and true spirit.

May 7, 2012 at 8:10 pm
(12) Doctor says:

A petition? Really?

If you’re bothered enough to start a petition over something as trivial as this, you likely have larger issues to address, preferably in therapy.

May 8, 2012 at 12:28 pm
(13) john says:

you’re getting the line wrong. he didnt do it because he was adopted. thor is just saying, a murderer is not my blood kin. and to adults and children crying because someone found you and loved you, learn to laugh. only in america are people this weenie

May 8, 2012 at 1:03 pm
(14) Mara says:

@Doctor…

Therapy? Ya, you’re right. Having my Original Birth Certificate sealed from me, being treated as a second class citizen not being able to know my ethnicity, heritage, family lineage, culture…and being dismissed by adoptist people could definitely drive someone to therapy.

So label me “crazy” and needing therapy doctor. I think a person would be crazy accepting their blatant discrimination was normal. Your degree means nothing as does my amended (falsified) birth certificate.

May 8, 2012 at 3:00 pm
(15) Doctor says:

As I was saying…

May 8, 2012 at 3:34 pm
(16) Tyler says:

Everyone gets offended at the slightest provocation and frankly it makes me sick. You people need to get a grip and leave things well enough alone. If they took out everything that could possibly offend someone somewhere they’d have a two minute movie of the avengers standing around talking about the weather. Actually someone could probably be offended by that too. All these things that are ‘offensive’ aren’t a personal attack directed at you, it’s just a movie, deal with it. Oh no, there was a short guy in there with all the people running from the aliens, I’m so very offended because I’m short too, they must be making fun of me! Give me a break and go grab some common sense.

May 9, 2012 at 12:45 am
(17) Steven says:

Deb S. is correct about the context. Thor was defending Loki, saying something like “Take care how you speak of my brother” when they then pointed out that he killed all these people. That’s why he said, “He’s adopted,” to distance himself from Loki after defending him. He wasn’t saying that being adopted is the *reason* he is a killer.

But I can understand the sensitivity of this issue–there was something similar that happened in Star Trek IV where a naval officer was interrogating Chekov, and he said, “What are you, a retard?” I didn’t anything of it, but someone wrote in saying he brought his son who has Down’s Syndrome to see the movie, and then I realized that that was not a good situation.

May 9, 2012 at 3:19 am
(18) GBMan says:

Getting upset about this is pretty idiotic. There are far more insulting films in general, and this was one line. Deb S and Steven are right – you seriously think they were taking a jab at adopted people? They weren’t. Thor, as was said, was distancing himself from Loki. Saying “He’s adopted” is a quick response that gets the same point across as saying “we aren’t related by blood” but the latter response is not at all humorous.

If you attempt to think about it intelligently you will take it in the proper context – it is NOT the same as saying Fury couldn’t do the job because he’s black, not even close.

May 9, 2012 at 11:58 am
(19) Jim says:

So we should only make politically correct movies now. That would be fun. The only more idiotic is to take a line out of contyext and get riled up about it. Loki is evil because he is evil, not because he was adopted. It is not even implied that he is eveil because he was adopted. The hero was trying to distance himself from an eveil person how happened to be adopted. Lets all fly off the handle about one line taken out of context by people how haven’t even seen the movie. Yeah America, this is what our founding fathers died for.

May 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm
(20) Terri says:

Would we say that some racist comment is okay just because it is in a popular movie and said for a laugh? Would we want such a comment directed at a group we belong to? They could have easily had the line changed to “He’s the bad seed of the family.” . Consider how many children who are adopted will see the movie and how it will make them feel second class and bad about themselves. “He’s adopted” gives the impression that adopted kids are not as good as kids born to a family.

May 9, 2012 at 2:38 pm
(21) Rita says:

If you watched the movie Thor you find out in that movie that the brother was adopted. In Thor the bio father was a villian and Thor’s father thought he could give Loki a better life by adopting him and raising him as his own and never telling Loki or Thor. In that movie Loki still ends up being bad and they discuss that even though Thor and Loki were raised the same and given the same advantages in life, in the end it comes down to choice and Loki chose to becomde the villain.

May 9, 2012 at 3:05 pm
(22) Billy Bob says:

What we need more of is politically correct movies. No more comedies, they might make a comment when taken out of context that might be offensive to some group out there. No more historically based movies either. They might deal with topics that some group might find offensive. No more murder mysteries or dramas. The killer might be from a group that mighth offend people.

This has to be the worst part of this… “I have yet to see the new movie”

Lets not see the movie and have an opinion on what the context was.

May 9, 2012 at 4:21 pm
(23) Marilyn says:

Admittedly I have not seen the movie yet, but I think the comment as reported is possibly offensive and totally unnecessary. As an adult I can shrug it off as having been written by an ignorant scriptwriter, but a child hears this remark as being made by a super hero. I understand that the hero was trying to create a distance between himself and a villain and that it apparently made a good punch line, but at whose expense? It’s our job as parents to advocate for our children and teach others about adoption. I have taught my children to have a sense of humor about themselves, including adoption, but brothers are brothers regardless of whether they have the same birth parents or not. Having different birth parents may make a difference in looks and physique, but not in character.

May 9, 2012 at 5:42 pm
(24) adoption says:

Dear “Billy Bob”

“This has to be the worst part of this… “I have yet to see the new movie””

Really? The worse part?

I simply brought up a movie review to the attention of the adoption community – which I did read. I did not express ANY opinion of the movie or the line, but invited others to debate both.

May 9, 2012 at 6:44 pm
(25) DeAno Jackson says:

Really? This is absurd to the point of stupidity. Way to take that quotation totally out of its context. Only a buffoon could have actually seen this movie and taken this quote the way that you have. I won’t go into all of that because several of the above commenters have already spelled it out, but I will just say how ridiculous it is to look and search so hard to be offended by something that you must totally change its meaning in order to do so. Now then, of you’ll excuse me, I’m off to pick up my 14 year old cousin so I can take him to go see The Avengers for his first time and my third.

May 9, 2012 at 7:54 pm
(26) zombie12man says:

What this writer (and this entire outrage) fails to address is that for 2 movies Thor continually refers to Loki as “brother”. One could argue that he (Thor) never treats him any lesser or different after he learns the truth of his birth and fighting his brother is a major conflict for Thor. Thor never punches him in the face because he is adopted nor says “father loved you less because you are adopted”. Thor keeps holding himself back from destroying his bother and constantly looks for Loki’s redemption.

How many parents have looked at the other when their child does something odd and say “he is your son”? Is that effectively making fun of that entire set of genes (racism, sexism) or is it simply a off the cuff comment used to make light of the situation?

May 10, 2012 at 1:06 am
(27) KPlan says:

Wow. That’s a lot of stupid on one web page.

Anyone who’s offended by the line didn’t understand it.

Put it in context, folks: Thor’s line — and let’s for the sake of argument assume the character, in the context of the film was NOT aware that he was being funny (which is not the case) — was meant to distance himself from Loki. Yes. An adopted brother. But a bitter, half-brother who comes from a line of creatures known to be evil. The line isn’t about adoption…it’s about the Marvel version of LOKI.

And, btw, even in the film’s climax, Thor is STILL trying to explain to Looki that they are “brothers” and that Loki should come back into the family. Thor’s love of Loki, who he considers a BROTHER (not a half-brother) is VERY apparent.

Utter stupidity, folks.

May 10, 2012 at 1:10 am
(28) Redheaded stepchild says:

As someone who was adopted and is also a redhead I find this crap ridiculous! I don’t know how many times I’ve cracked up at “I’ll beat you like a redheaded step child!” I’ve also said “Thankfully I’m adopted” when my sisters had done something I wanted no connection to lol Stop being such oversensitive crybabies and get a life! Suck it up Buttercup and grow a pair!

May 10, 2012 at 2:54 am
(29) notfoundinacabbagepatch says:

ANY reference to being adopted that is in a detrimental fashion to the institution OF adoption, should not be used, especially in a major box office movie. Look what happened to the Cabbage Patch Kids. That was a doll campaign that took hold and really took OFF. Those were different times, though and it would never fly, today. It’s not “cute” and it’s not “cool”. As for sensitivity, there’s nothing wrong w/being sensitive. I think the major studios suffer from INsensitivity.

May 10, 2012 at 7:24 am
(30) Matthew says:

Good Lord people…

Some people go through life and aren’t satisfied unless they have something to moan about. The quote was merely meant so that Thor would distance himself from the bad guy.

Initially, he embraces him as a whole brother, only when he realises he has killed 80 ppl in 2 days does he call him adopted.

Unless your child has killed people, I don’t see how this could offend anyone. It says more about your comfort at being an adopting parent. Children don’t get offended that easily – GET A LIFE!!!!

May 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm
(31) Billy Bob says:

“ANY reference to being adopted that is in a detrimental fashion to the institution OF adoption, should not be used”

Good thing it wasn’t used that way. But one would have to see the movie to gauge the context of one statement pulled out of a two and a half hour movie. But I guess the context of the statement doesn’t matter when publicity is involved.

It is not about being sensitive or overly sensitive, it is aabout knowing the what you are talking about. No where in the movie or the Thor movie did any character state being adopted equals being evil. By even implying that you show your lack of mental capacity.

May 10, 2012 at 2:10 pm
(32) TheKhm says:

By telling is brother Loki has been adopted, Thor want to say that Loki like violence but him not. Those who understand that adoptee are violent is the explication of Thor can’t be serious….

May 11, 2012 at 11:35 am
(33) Chris says:

I must say I am biased here to begin my post. I also must say I am not the most informed here either.

But, I am not for the adoption of drawf frost giants by norse deities from another universe. It’s just how I was raised, but if there is an alien god from an inherently evil race, I don’t think the risk of trying to change them is worth it.

I am also against people taking in hordes of wild bengal tigers, adopting them, and putting them in the same room as their natural born children.

I am also against norse deities adopting terminator robots, Predators, Sith Lords, Alien Queens, vampires, werewolves, mummies, frankensteins, or godzilla type creatures as their own children.

I myself am adopted, and saw this movie with my wife who also is adopted. We laughed our butts off at this joke, because we educated ourselves on the situation and took it as it was, a JOKE.

I don’t think any kid with a loving adopted family is hanging in his closet now over that joke. I don’t think any potential adopting parents turned their car around to the abortion clinic over that joke. And I think as an adopted child myself, there are about a BILLION things I could do that promote adoption more than this movie.

In fact, here is a norse deity, who’s alien life form “brother” has done nothing but kill off his family, friends, and tens of thousands of people, and as you see as the movie progresses he still loves this guy and won’t kill him.

May 11, 2012 at 12:11 pm
(34) Sulcata says:

Chris is spot on. Also why are people taking their overly sensitive kids to this, you did check what this movie was about right? I would never take my young child to a movie without seeing it first or at least reading what it was about. This a PG-13 movie.

The bad guy is set off because he struggles with the fact that he was adopted! This is a driving theme of this movie and all movie’s Loki will ever be in. That is his character. Was Marvel supposed to make him angry for another reason, like maybe he had bad hair day or didn’t get that toy he wanted.

May 11, 2012 at 12:19 pm
(35) Chris says:

You do realize that movies arent custom tailored to pussyfoot around everyones sensitive ears right? That each film doesnt ensure its appropriate for everyone. Everyone is too sensitive. The makers of the film werent inferring anything sinister. It was a line that was so short you could miss it if you went to eat a bite of popcorn. Now the “adoption community” is all bent out of shape. Stop trying to throw yourselves into the spotlight by jumping on this so called “insult to adoption” and just go see another movie if your feelings are so easily hurt.

May 11, 2012 at 1:11 pm
(36) CRM says:

This is iresponsible, you admit you haven’t seen the movie and then post a quote and a blatant lie as to what it is about. As others have said, Thor’s comment was to distance himself from Lokie after he had defended him and called him his brother. Also, it is established in the movie Thor that Loki is bad before he even knows he is adopted. To suggest that Thor is implying Loki is evil because he is adopted is either a blatant attempt and sturring up controversy for the sake of controversy, or simply shows a gross misunderstanding of the scene. Also, any kids who had to leave or were in tears over that comment, guess what, the blame there goes to the parent, because it either means those kids were too young to be at that movie or that you haven’t explained to them enough what being adopted really means. I’m guessing most of the comments in support of a petition or what not are either from people who have not seen the movie or people are just making stuff up.

May 11, 2012 at 1:12 pm
(37) Heather says:

You people are overly sensitive. Have none of you EVER joked with your own siblings, saying they must have been adopted because you never acted that way as a kid. I do. Heck, I’m only a half sister … You people cry over everything. No wonder our government wants to nanny-fy this nation. Oh no, so and so said this boo hoo, my feelings were hurt. If you cannot laugh at something then you shouldn’t leave your house, don’t open the news paper or turn on the television. Heck, don’t pick up a book!

People make japes at fat people all the time, but hey, that’s OKAY. People make japes about people being too skinny, but hey I guess that’s okay too. BUT if a joke is family related, all of a sudden its an all out war.

If you , and your family love your kids then that is all that matters. You’re going to shelter them so much that when they get out in the real world, they’re going to be messed up. I should start a petition to shut up all the cry babies. Wonder how many signatures that would get?

May 11, 2012 at 1:33 pm
(38) AWI says:

Those of you who think the joke is about adoption are morons and have the analytical ability of a mollusk. To explain the joke very carefully, as that apparently is necessary, the line “he’s adopted” is used not as an explanation as to why the bad guy is evil, but by the bad guy’s brother in order to create distance between the two characters; ie: I’m not like him, we’re not directly related. The bad guy is never proposed to be “bad” because of his adoption.

May 11, 2012 at 2:18 pm
(39) Ckasnoff says:

What I don’t understand is how a simple joke in a movie can create such hype about it being offensive, yet New York just ok’d child pornography. Stop getting offended by something people have joked about for years with no intent of harm and start standing up for a true reason with the intent to cause harm! If your child was upset about the comment then your not doing something right as the parent. Stop being “helicopter” parents! Take your outrage and focus it on something that can actually effect society. Not over a one liner in a movie.

May 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm
(40) Mike says:

I think all of you people are retarded by getting offended. You people would create a petition over anything. “OMG, he stepped on a roach!!! Let’s create a peitiion against him to stop insect cruelty!!” IT’S JUST A MOVIE!!! I laughed my ass off at that line and many others in that movie because it’s just a movie.

May 11, 2012 at 2:29 pm
(41) disappointed adoptee says:

Wow! I’m adopted and have never ever felt or been treated differently than any other child in my family and else where. I have no idea who my biological parents are, not records I can look at, not idea of anything. How many other child don’t know there biological background because a parent has never been around. This was a joke saying “I don’t know him”, duh how many times have we said this to someone when they say something stupid. If you are sitting in the movies all butt hurt or your child is crying, its time you had a discussion with yourself and/or your child.

May 11, 2012 at 2:36 pm
(42) Mike says:

And when the blu ray comes out I hope that line remains. I’ll be laughing my ass off at that line again on my couch. Hmm….maybe because of all the whinos they’ll release some sort of “Anti Cry Baby” version of the movie. That’s the version that will be on my shelf.

May 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm
(43) Tony says:

Frankly, I find the indignation rather stupefying. I mean cmon, the movie makes fun of (off the top of my head): monotheism, polytheism, old people, astrophysicists, alcoholics, nazis, smart people, dumb people, short people, stoners, aliens, Indians, steroid users, cross dressers, people with anger management issues, and ants.

Anytime you laugh at a joke, you are laughing at something and making fun of it. Next time you laugh, think about why you did it. I would bet that you could find someone that you were offensive to. That is the nature of a joke.

May 11, 2012 at 4:04 pm
(44) Asian says:

Get off your high horses. I’m sure you adoptee’s have all laughed at a joke that discriminated against some other minority at some point in your life. This isn’t even anything to get your panties in a bunch over. I’m Asian and the amount of Asian racism in Hollywood is astonishing yet I can laugh at these jokes without getting offended and all high and mighty.

May 11, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(45) M Griffith says:

Adoption is about being wanted, loved, and cherished.

The comment while funny to those that are not informed and familiar with adoption is sad and offensive to those intimately associated with adoption. The comment preys on the doubts that can linger in a child’s mind about their adoption that maybe there was something wrong with them and not wanted which undermines all the positive messages given about being loved and wanted.

The movie did not need this comment to be a success and I strongly feel that that a lot of education needs to be done regarding adoption, how wonderful it is, and what is needed for these children to have a strong sense of self and worth.

The” super heroes “could and should do their part to make a statement on behalf of their writers and all others involved in the movie about how fantastic these children and these families are to be a family.

May 11, 2012 at 9:33 pm
(46) Quasimofo says:

Not for one second do I believe some of the stories about how people were so offended by the adoption line that it brought them to tears. People are being over dramatic to bring attention to themselves and their cause, kind of like how PETA operates. If the line did actually bring someone to tears then they need to seek some therapy cause they don’t seem emotionally equipped to deal with the real world.

May 11, 2012 at 10:04 pm
(47) Adoptee says:

I’ve this movie several times and I honestly love that line. It’s not my favorite, but it made me laugh every time I heard it. And, yes, I am adopted, too.

May 12, 2012 at 2:36 am
(48) tre says:

the line wasn’t meant to be offensive, the line is simply to show that thor and loki are of no blood relation, get a sense of humor people, I was adopted and i find no offense to it whatsoever, probably because im taking it for what it is and not just singling out the word adoption

May 12, 2012 at 5:04 am
(49) Doug Hall says:

ANYONE who was offended by the “adopted comment” is either so stupid that they should not be allowed to even tie their own shoes without supervision, or has not seen the whole scene in which it was said – IN CONTEXT! At no point did anyone say or even passively imply that Loki was evil BECAUSE he was adopted. Thor was trying to explain that Asgardians are not an evil species and when it was mentioned that Loki had killed so many people, he was merely trying to convey that Loki was not a typical Asgardian.

I’m offended by how stupid people have gotten in this country. You can take something that anyone says about anything out of context and make it offensive somehow to someone. When you have seen this entire scene and heard the whole dialogue, anyone with even half a brain can clearly see that no offense was intended or even implied.

Also, to anyone who truly is so easily offended, I say, “Good”! You now have 2 choices. Either learn to suck it up and behave like a normal human being, or crawl in a cave somewhere and seal it off forever. Then you can complain to yourself as much as you want about how the darkness offends you. MORONS!!!

May 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm
(50) Peter says:

This is insane. The line doesn’t have anything to do with Loki being evil BECAUSE he is adopted! Thor is only saying that to show that he and Loki aren’t blood related. I can’t believe the attention this is getting from people who fly off the handle without even thinking about it. Get a life.

May 12, 2012 at 10:13 pm
(51) benny says:

I’m sure it was a very small group of people that got offended…. and I’m sure they were vegans.

May 13, 2012 at 12:13 pm
(52) John says:

Get a life people. This is a line in a movie. The movie isnt real. I have raised 4 adopted kids in my home. They all knew from jump street that life was hard and difficult and make the best of what you got. Plus the sad part is most people in America probably including the people on this board have done something offensive. Plus if you said you didnt, your a liar.