This month I decided to focus a bit on what we will need to know about this fall - school bullies. So, I did a bit of research and was stunned to learn that the characteristics that describe a child who is likely to be bullied could also easily describe a foster child. The same is true for the factors that could cause a child to become a bully. These same factors impact many foster children. I also got back to basics and outlined the basics of foster care and wrote about the foster care licensing procedure.
As always, if there is anything you would like to see me cover - please let me know.
Suggested Reading/New Articles and Features:
- What Is a Foster Care License?
- Foster Care Basics: The Top Questions Answered Concerning Foster Care
- School Bullying and Foster Children
- What to Do When You Think Your Foster or Adopted Child Is a Bully
- Help a Foster Child Move with Dignity with a Fun Decorated Tote
- Grant Profile: Helpusadopt.org
- State Profile: Adoption in Montana
- State Profile: Adoption in Nevada