If you would have told me last August that in one year my family would be living in a new city and my daughter would be starting a new high school - I would have called you crazy. We just finished remodeling our home - yet, here we are. So, this Wednesday, my daughter will be starting a new high school. I've had to enroll numerous foster children into new schools, but this was a first for my daughter. She's the new kid on the block now and has to make all new friends and find her way around a much bigger school.
So, as you're preparing to send the kids off to school this month or early next, take a moment to remember all the new adventures your foster child will be embarking on this time of year. Is this a new school for your foster child? How do you help a child transition into a new school? Click "comments" below and share.
So, are you ready to send them back to school? Let About.com Guides Help!
- 10 Things to Do Before Sending a Foster/Adopted Child Back-to-School
- Foster Parenting Advice for a Child's First Day of School
- 7 Things to Do in the Summer to Get Ready to Go Back to School
- How to Prepare Your Child for Middle School
- 6 Ways to Speed Up Morning Routines
- Back-to-School Paperwork Checklist