This month I wrote about a different aspect of foster parenting - the maintaining of important connections between birth parents and their children, even if the birth parents are incarcerated.
I also reviewed two different adoption themed children's books - both beautiful in their content and artwork. Bringing Asha Home is about adopting a child from India, while Motherbridge of Love is about a Chinese adoption. Both are excellent works.
Suggested Reading/New Articles and Features:
- Creative Ways to Communicate Using a Journal for Children
- Create a Journal and Backpack to Help Keep Visit Days Organized
- Maintaining and Growing Connections Between Birth Parents and Foster Children
- How to Maintain Birth Family Connections While Parents Are Incarcerated
- Using Skype in Foster Care and Adoption
- How Foster Parents Impact the Life of a Foster Child
- Bringing Asha Home - A Children's Adoption Book Review
- Motherbridge of Love - A Children's Adoption Book Review