The Dave Thomas Foundation has named the 2012 Best Adoption-friendly Workplaces. The Wendy's Company topped the list for the fifth year in a row offering up to $25,300 in adoption assistance and up to six weeks of paid adoption leave. The Wendy's Company is not affiliated with the Dave Thomas Foundation.
The rankings are determined by the company's adoption benefits which include financial reimbursement and paid leave that is made available to employees who adopt. The list of the top 100 also recognizes the top ten by size and the leaders in each industry, as well as companies who support adoption and adoptive families in other ways.
Top of the 100 Best for 2012
The Wendy's Company
Top Companies by Size for 2012
South Mountain Company offers their 27 employees $10,000 and 4 weeks leave, West Tisbury, MA
Barilla America, Inc offers their 458 employees, $16,000 and 1 weeks leave, Bannockborn, IL
The Wendy's Company offers their 67,550 employees, $24,300 and 6 weeks leave, Dublin, OH
Top by Industry
- Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations - Leo Burnett & Arc Worldwide
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction - Robins & Morton
- Communications and Telecommunications - Premiere Global Services, Inc
- Consulting, Accounting, Legal and Business Services - Alston & Bird, LLP
- Consumer Products - HanesBrands
- Education - The McGraw-Hill Companies
- Energy and Utilities - Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Entertainment, Media and Publishing - UBM (LLC, Medica, Canon, Inc)
- Financial Services - RBS Citizens Financial Group
- Food, Beverage and Restaurants - The Wendy's Company
- Government - (Tie)City of Carmel, Indiana and Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Healthcare - WellStar Health System
- Hotel and Travel - Carlson
- Industrial and Manufacturing - Boston Scientific
- Insurance - New York Life
- Non-profit -American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pharmaceutical -Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Real Estate - Duke Realty Corporation
- Retail - Brooks Brothers Group, Inc.
- Sports and Recreation - NBA (National Basketball Association)
- Technology, Information and Research - LSI Corporation
- Transportation and Automotive - Subaru of America, Inc.
If interested in reading about how other companies stacked up this year, check out the 2012 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List.
What Is the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption?
7 Ways to Afford the Cost of Adoption
Adoption Grants & Adoption Loans
What Are Employer Sponsored Adoption Benefits?