This month I focused on the topic of discipline. Corporal punishment was defined and a list of ideas were given on the types of discipline that may be more helpful when parenting children that have been abused and neglected. Of course, thoughts on child discipline that may not be as effective was also explored.
I also wrote about how to give a child permission to talk about their adoption and ways to prepare for a first visit with a child you are hoping to adopt.
Suggested Reading/New Articles and Features:
- How Not to Manage a Child's Behavior
- Utilizing Earning Privileges and the Loss of Privileges
- What Is Corporal Punishment?
- Child Discipline Techniques for Foster or Adopted Children
- Helping Your Child Talk About Adoption
- What to Expect During a First Meeting with a Matched Child
- New York State Adoption Profile
- New Mexico State Adoption Profile