Foster Home Basic Requirements :
- You are at least 19 years of age.
- Foster homes can provide care for up to six children.
- You can provide a safe, comfortable atmosphere for the child.
- Your home has enough space for the child and his or her belongings. All members of your family are willing to share their home with a child who needs care.
- All members of your family are in good health.
- All adults in the home are willing to undergo a thorough background check, including criminal history.
- Complete a 30-hour preparation course.
Different Types of Care:
Foster Care Adoption:
Learn more about adopting from Alabama.