Foster Care Basic Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Can be married or single.
- Be willing to attend pre-service training and participate in a home study.
- Undergo a criminal background check.
- All prospective foster and adoptive parents attend approximately ten weeks of pre-service training known as PRIDE (Parents Resource for Information Development Education).
- Allow no more than 6 children in the home including your own children or children for whom you provide day care.
- Agree to a nonphysical discipline policy.
- Permit fire, health and safety inspections of the home.
- Vaccinate all pets.
- Obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
Foster Care Adoption:
Learn more about adopting in Texas.