2013 Academy Award Nominees with an Adoption Connection
Hugh Jackman, an adoptive father of two, has been nominated for Best Actor for his role in Les Miserables.
Robert De Niro, an adoptive step-father of one, has been nominated for Best Actor in a supporting role for his work in Silver Linings Playbook.
Steven Spielberg, adoptive father of two children, has been nominated for Best Director for his work with the movie, Lincoln.
- Jamie Foxx - Adoptee - won an Oscar for Ray in 2005.
- Rober De Niro - Adoptive father of one step-daughter - won an Oscar for Raging Bull in 1981.
Best Supporting Actor
- Morgan Freeman - Adoptive father - won an Oscar for best supporting actor in Million Dollar Baby in 2005.
- Rober De Niro - Adoptive father of one step-daughter - won an Oscar for his part in The Godfather II in 1975.
- Nicole Kidman - Adoptive mother of two - won an Oscar for best actress for The Hours in 2003.
- Joan Crawford - Adoptive Mother of four - won an Oscar in 1946 for best actress in Mildred Pierce.
- Bette Davis - Adoptive mother - won two Oscars. The first in 1936 as best actress for Dangerous. The second in 1939 for Jezebel.
Best Supporting Actress
- Angelina Jolie - Adoptive mother of three - won an Oscar for best supportive actress for Girl, Interrupted in 2000.
Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
- Woody Allen - Adoptive father of several children - won an Oscar for Hannah and Her Sisters in 1987.
- Joel Coen - Adoptive father of one - won an Oscar for Fargo in 1997 and No Country for Old Men in 2007. Both of these honors were shared with his brother Ethan Coen
- Joel Coen - Adoptive father of one - won an Oscar for No Country for Old Men in 2007. This honor is shared with his brother, Ethan Coen
- Steven Spielberg - Adoptive father of two - won two Oscars for his Directing - Saving Private Ryan in 1999, and Schindler's List in 1994.
- Woody Allen - Adoptive father of several children - won an Oscar for Annie Hall in 1978.
Now Try our Oscar's Adoption Connection Quiz!