Born William Bradley Pitt to Bill and Jane Pitt on December 18, 1963 in Shawnee, Oklahoma. Brad grew up in Springfield, Missouri.
Pitt adopted Angelina Jolie's children Maddox and Zahara. Maddox Chivan Thornton Jolie-Pitt, adopted from Cambodia, 2002 and Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt, adopted from Ethiopia, July 5, 2005 were adopted by Brad on 1/19/06.
Shiloh Nouvel was born in Namibia, Africa on May 27, 2006, by cesarean due to a breech presentation. Shiloh is the biological daughter of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Pitt was there to cut the baby's umbilical cord.
March 15, 2007, Angelina Jolie adopted Pax Thien, age 3 1/2 from Vietnam. She filed singly as it went against Vietnam law for unmarried couples to adopt. Pitt did adopt Pax once they arrived home.
2008 brought the birth of twins to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt! Jolie gave birth to a boy and a girl on July 12 in Nice, France. Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt weighed 5lbs 3 oz. and Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt weighed 5 lbs.
Claim to Fame:
In 1995, nominated for a Golden Globe for Best performance by an actor in a drama for his role in Legends of the Fall.
- In 1996, nominated for both a Golden Globe and an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his work in Twelve Monkeys. He won the Golden Globe.
- In 2000, nominated for a Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Fight Club.
- In 2002, nominated for an Emmy for outstanding guest actor in a comedy series, Friends.
- In 2007, nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor in Babel.
- Was a journalism major in college with an advertising focus.
- In high school was a member of the golf, tennis, and swim teams. He also belonged to the Key Club and the Forensics Clubs.
- Is mentioned by name in the Shania Twain hit song, That Don't Impress Me Much."
He is a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity. The Xi Xi chapter at The University of Missouri - Columbia.
- Is the first man ever to be named "Sexiest Man Alive" twice by People Magazine." (1994 and 2000).
- Both he and his partner, Angelina Jolie were nominated for an Academy Award in 2009.
Quotes on Parenting:
"It really changes your perspective on the world. You know, I've had my day. I made some films, and I've really had a very fortunate life, and it's time for me to share that a little bit. Having children takes the focus off yourself, which I'm really grateful for. I'm so tired of thinking about myself. I'm sick of myself. You feel you want to be there and not miss out on anything. It's a true joy and a very profound love. You can write a book, you can make a movie, you can paint a painting, but having kids is the most extraordinary thing I've ever taken on." - on having children.
On how his children will influence his future roles]: "My thoughts these days are, 'Oh, my God, what did I do? What are they going to see from the past?' It definitely colors what I'll approach in the future. I'll try to be a little bit more mature about my decisions."