Senator John Sidney McCain III was born August 29, 1936, the Panama Canal Zone, Panama. He lives in Phoenix, AZ with his wife, Cindy Lou Hensley. John McCain is father to Doug, Sidney, and Andrew from his first marriage and Meghan, John IV (Jack), James (Jimmy), and Bridget from his second marriage.
John McCain has adopted 3 children. He adopted his first wife's two children from a previous relationship, Doug and Andrew. John McCain and his second wife, Cindy adopted Bridget McCain in 1993 from Bangladesh. Cindy first met Bridget while doing humanitarian relief work. Bridget was born with a severe cleft palate and was one of two babies that Mother Teresa asked the McCain's to take home to the US for medical treatment. Friends of the McCain family adopted the second baby.
Political Career Highlights:
- Presidential Candidate, Republican Party, 2008
- Senator, United States Senate, 1986-present
- Primary Candidate, United States President, 2000
- Representative, United States House of Representatives, 1982-1986
- John McCain was a Prisoner of War for 5-1/2 years during the Vietnam war.
- John McCain has had several bouts of skin cancer.
- John McCain has hosted Saturday Night Live.
- John McCain lives in Phoenix, Arizona.