Cute and fun turkey with double handprint cutouts for tail feathers featuring the thumbs as feet. A perfect Thanksgiving or Fall card/gift for birth family either in a foster or adopt situation.
Time Required: 30 minutes - Plus Time for the Glue to Dry
- Have your child trace his/her hands on a piece of white paper. Be sure to trace both hands, if having trouble with the child sitting still trace one hand and flip the cut out over for the second. Next have him/her decorate the fingers continuing the coloring into the palm area. Color the thumbs orange for the feet.
- Cut out the child's colored handprints.
Out of brown construction paper cut out a peanut shape.
- Cut out a small orange triangle for a beak and small circles for eyes in your child's choice of color. (Or these could be drawn on with markers or crayon later.)
- Out of red construction paper cut out the turkey's wattle(You know that red thing that dangles off the beak.). Any blob-type shape will work.
- Glue the eyes onto the brown peanut shape. Add black pupils with a crayon onto the eyes. Again, the eyes can be drawn on.
Then glue the triangle on upside down for the beak. Glue the wattle underneath and to one side of the beak.
- Glue the hands on the back of the brown peanut shape with the thumbs pointing downward and overlapping the palms. The thumbs become the feet in this design.
- Find a spot to date the turkey and add the child's name and age.
What You Need
- Brown construction paper
- White paper
- Orange construction paper
- Markers or crayons