Cute turkey with handprint cutouts for tail feathers. A perfect Thanksgiving or Fall card/gift for birth family either in a foster or adopt situation. This one is easily and quickly made
Time Required: 15 Minutes - Plus Time for the Glue to Dry
- Have your child trace his/her hands on a piece of white paper. Next have him/her color the fingers and the palm of the handprint.
- Cut out the child's handprint.
- Cut out a small orange triangle for a beak.
Cut out small circles for eyes in your child's choice of color.
Out of red construction paper cut out the turkey's wattle(You know that red thing that dangles off the beak.). Any blob-type shape will work.
- Cut out a peanut shape from brown construction paper. Make the peanut shape a little bigger than the length of the child's palm. (See photo for an idea of shape and size.)
- Glue the orange triangle on upside down for the beak onto the smaller end of the peanut shape.
Glue the wattle underneath and to one side of the beak.
Glue on the eyes. With a marker or crayon add a pupil.
- Glue the brown piece onto the center of the palm with the fingers poking up as tail feathers.
- Find a spot to date the turkey and add the child's name and age.
What You Need
- Brown construction paper
- White paper
- Orange construction paper
- Markers or crayons