Dr. Gary Chapman is the author of the best-selling Five Love Languages Series. Dr. Chapman feels that there are 5 languages of love and one of those includes quality time. Love Languages are a great way to build bonds with foster and adopted children.
If your child seems to thrive on the Love Language Quality Time, here are a few ideas on how to build those bonds with more quality time.
- Quality time means focused attention with conversations, eye contact and real listening.
- Take a walk together and talk about your day.
- Discover new things about your child or your family's culture.
- Go to the park.
- Go to the zoo and find discover your child's favorite animal and why.
- So many good things happen when parents can spend time with their kids in the kitchen. Bake cookies together.
- Work on lifebooks together.
- Camp out in the living room and build a fort to sleep in.
- Work on an art project with your child.
- Ask the child to list the activities they want to do with you, just one-on-one time.
Return to Parenting with the 5 Love Languages.