Whether you're an adoptee, a birth parent, an adoptive parent, or a prospective adoptive parent, there may be a song or two that just means more to you than anything else on the radio.
Music is so very powerful. Notice how a scary movie wouldn't be as scary if it wasn't for the soundtrack? A romantic moment becomes more romantic with the perfect tune. It shouldn't be so surprising that when it comes to the subject of adoption, that there are songs that bring about a memory or feeling.
Whether the song is meant to be specifically about adoption or not, what songs are meaningful to you?Share Your Adoption Song
- check out this song: "I'm Adopted" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmmxYMBzDY8 or http://slugsandbugsandlullabies.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/im-adopted/
- —Guest hello
- come home by onerepublic was our adoption song for my two ethiopian brothers and it gets me everyime. we are adopting again!!! cant wait for my sissy
- —Guest sarah
Love Found Me - Adoption Song
- Love Found Me - a beautiful adoption song about adopting a child from China!
- —Guest tru
"Who I Am" by Phil Collins
- Great song for adults who have taken the journey of meeting their birth parents.
- —Guest Sandy
Whitney Houston - I will always love you
- This brings me to tears just thinking about the lyrics. I am a birthmom as of just last week. I know I made the right choice for my son, but it doesn't change the way I feel. It almost feels like Whitney Houston sang this song specifically for birth parents.."Bittersweet memories, that is all I'm taking with me..so goodbye, please don't cry..we both know I'm not what you need"
- —Guest misi
- There is no song as powerful as I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU. This song was playing on the radio on the day I was coming home from the hospital after giving my daughter to 2 Magnificent people, parents who have given her the world. The last 25 years, I have known everything I wanted to know. I chose the parents that were to raise her, Love her, teach her, and give her everything that I couldn't at that time. I have gone on to have 2 other children - they look like their dad's family and SHE is my clone. HAHA!! All of the kids finally met over the past year, and that was all that I had ever wanted. She has never shown resentment toward me, she had a few questions and I did answer them - she was fine. Do I hope to one day see her - of course I do, but it is going to have to be her time and her choice. She is so happy, so beautiful and is a current College Graduate! Not 1 day goes by that I don't think of her. and I never regret what I did, I am thankful and proud of who she is.
- —Guest Barbara
I found a song!
- It's by Steven Curtis Chapman and I belive it's called........ Nevrmind!
- —Guest named Joe
Everything to Me-Mark Schultz
- Written by an adoptee, this song will be great for any birth mother to assure her that she did the right thing
- —Guest Alyssa
Was searchin for a touching song
- ... I've recently made the hardest decision of my life in deciding to place my unborn son with a wonderful family. Although it deeply saddens me, I know he will have a better life than I could ever provide him. He is going to a home with two amazing daddies who will give him more love and affection than I could ever pray for. I never thought I'd be strong or selfless enough to put my child's needs before my own, but I guess that's a part of growing up. I started into this pregnancy fighting to keep him, but at what cost? My health is deteriorating and with no support, my short years will leave him alone in the foster system. So I've made the choice to place him in a forever home with open adoption. It kills me, but as I've gone through this process I have journaled to him expressing my love and pain and fear through this decision. Including what made me chose his fathers. I just pray one day when he receives the letters, it will give him peace to know it was NEVER that he wasn't wanted...
- —Guest Felicia
- 'Sweet Child of Mine' by Guns n Roses always makes me think of my tiny baby girl. It seems to reflect all of the feelings I've dealt with. 'If I stare too long, I'd probably break down and cry' and of course 'where do we go now?' It really hits home when you know you made the right choice but your heart breaks every second of every day.
- —Guest Ash
Perfect song..Didn't have to be
- Didn't Have to Be by Brad Paisley will hit home to a child of a single mom. When a man chooses to step into the life of a broken home with broken hearts and mend them to create a family...He is a blessing. This song really hits home.
- —Guest Happyfamily
- Don't think this is about adoption, but feels right. Outside from Hollywood undead.
- —Guest Jim
this song hits home
- Billy Gilman --- Oklahoma I cant help but cry every time i see this video. Its like the song was written for me. Foster kid for 16 years.
- —Guest andy Rochon
The Song "I hate Everything About You"
- The song "I hate everything about you" by 3. Days Grace. It reminds me of my relationship with my biological father. I was adopted by my aunt when I was just born. She told me when I was 17. few years after that, I had a fight with my bio father. People tell me to forgive him? Ya. Right. He done threw my forgiveness out the window 19 years ago.
- —Guest Domino
Baby Be Mine
- I love this song but just listening to it makes me cry. Dumbo is one of my favourite films and I intend to play the film and the song as much as I can to our little one :)
- —Guest Haley