Unimaginable and Profound
- I first read your book when I was 16 and I had such a passion for children and childhood to begin with for the loss of childhood I had to endure that my kind of abuse was so very different but just as horrible that when I read your book I felt compelled to reach out I cried more with every page and just wished I could have been there to help hold you anything to make the pain go away and give you some warmth now I am a mother of my own children and when I look at their wonderful beautiful faces I couldn't possibly imagine myself or ever letting anyone ever hurt them they are my world and I cherish them but even though I am much younger than you my love of my children and my hugs and kisses and love will always be shared willingly and lovingly be shared with that wonderful beautiful and amazing child you were and it continues to grow with you as you grew you David I would accept you into my family with open and loving arms you are so special and deserve much I hope your life is blessed!
- —Guest Unbroken and Still Standing
`I feel so sorry am glad u fought back!!
- im glad u are safe and what happened to u is tragic u are going to b better than ur alcoholic mother ur going to have food on the table and clothes and every thing for those children im ieyonna and im 11 years old luv ya !!!>3
- —Guest ieyonna
TO DAVE PELZER
- IF I would be in his place I would definitely escape from that crazy house SOMETHIN IS BETTER THEN NOTHIN
- —Guest Xobi
Dave Is a Trooper
- Dave is a one of a kind trooper. The why he never gave up. The hell of it all. God bless you Dave.
- —Guest sandman
- I really feel awful for Dave and I'm happy that he survived that madhouse!!!!!
- —Guest kelly
how could this happen
- Why would any one think that Dave lied about what happen to him when he was a child even his own brothers said he lied when they probably saw he get beat by his own mother, all I have to say is I believe u Dave.
- —Guest brittney
A Movie Should Be Made
- This should definitely be made into a movie, so people can seen what happens to children when they get abused and we should never turn a cheek.
- —Guest Sandra Guevarez
Total respect for you.
- It is wonderful that you have come on top and that you are highly respected. But it is a shame that you had to go through what you did to become very noble. You are a hero to many and I am that you overcame such a cruel childhood.
- —Guest Leela
Taken a walk in your shoes!
- To (is this guy for real)...its very real I've been there. Ever been so scared before you will do anything to save yourself. My brothers and I went through the same things, different times. it is very possible for his childhood not to be reported, times have changed. abuse is taken in more now a days. My brothers and I were made to do many of the same things, and I have been in foster care for 19 years of my life because of it. When I read his books it is though I am looking into the mirror. Any non believers there is proof and a lot of it, for me. I am sure Dave has his proof as well, but he doesn't need to explain himself. Child abuse is out there, the kids who scarffs down so much food and one calls him fat, maybe there's no food at home, the kid who wheres old cloths and one calls him stinky, maybe he's got no others....its better to set out to help people then to make remarks on what is thought to have happened to someone, so before you judge think of the bigger picture. Think,help,react.
- —Guest Sarah Lee
- Dave you went through a lot of struggles in childhood but you stayed strong and didn't give up on your life. how can anyone treat their own child like that is ridiculous... this book is so emotional and is the saddest book i have ever read... and I'm hoping to read more of your books and I wish the best for you.........
- —Guest esha
A Trip Down Memory Lane
- I identified with many experiences in Dave's story, especially the holding of his hand over a gas stove, my mom's favorite.
The Survivor of All Time!
- I have read all of Dave's books & from the very first one I told myself, "I truly wish I could meet this man because I would present him with the biggest HUG he's ever received!!" Dave is a Survivor and has come a long way!! I only wished someone would have listened to him, heard him, sooner!!
- —Guest Norma
O M G
- Well to start of your book is very inspirational, deep and just sad! I enjoyed reading this book, at first I thought that the things that were happening in this book were fake, but I realized it was an autobiography. Some of the things that happened in this book are so upsetting I wasn't sure whether they were real or not? But total respect to you Dave Pelzer - may your ongoing life be filled with joy and happiness. :)
- —Guest Karapapa
Dave Pelzer's Books
- I really love your books and they did bring tears to my eyes. You are a very strong person to have survived through all of the abuse. I could sense your pain and fears. I'm glad you did steal food to survive, you really didn't have a choice but to steal it. God let you live for a reason and He had a purpose for keeping you alive. God bless you and thank you for writing the books.
- —Guest Jo-Ann
- I read your books when I was about 13-14. I'm 24 now and I still remember the horrible things that happened to Dave Pelzer. So glad you are doing sooo well Dave. I'm glad you got help when you did. PLEASE MAKE MOVIES from your books.
- —Guest kimmie