Foster Care Basic Requirements :
- Single or married.
- With or without children of their own.
- May be employed or not employed, but must be able to financially meet his/her own needs.
- Must be in sufficient good health.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Provide five references and will be fingerprinted and will have to undergo a complete background check.
- Homeowners or renters.
- The Department of Children's Services provides a 30-hour training pre-service program PATH, Parents As Tender Healers, to all prospective foster parents.
Contact Information :
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent for Tennessee children, please call 1-877-DCS-KIDS.
Foster Care Adoption:
Learn more about adopting in Tennessee.