Birth and Adoption:
Claim to Fame:
RUN-DMC titles include:
- Musical influences include: Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Harry Chapin and the Beatles.
- Sarah McLachlin collaborated with DMC on his interpretation of Cats in the Cradle. She too is adopted. He reported to VH1 that McLachlan's song Angel spoke to his heart during a dark time in his life.
- Married to Zuri L. (Alston) McDaniels
- Has one son Darryl M. McDaniels (DSon) who was born July 27, 1994.
- On April 4, 2009, Run-DMC became the second hip-hop group to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
"At first, I was gonna get really sad about it. But then I said, 'If my (birth) mother never gave me up, my mother would have never came and got me, I would have never moved to Hollis (Queens, New York), I would have never met JOE ('RUN' SIMMONS), we would have never formed Run-DMC and none of this rap s**t would have jumped off."The above quote was a part of an interview with contactmusic.com about how he first felt when he discovered that he was adopted.