Foster Home Basic Requirements :
To Become a Foster Care Home:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have enough room for a foster child to sleep and keep his or her belongings.
- Have a home that can meet basic fire, safety and sanitary standards.
- Have no alcohol or drug abuse problems.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and have no substantiated record of abusing or neglecting children.
- Make enough money to provide for your own family, so you do not need to depend on the foster care reimbursement you receive from the state as income.
Contact Information :
To learn more about becoming a foster parent in Alaska, call 1-800-478-7307.
Foster Care Adoption:
Learn more about adopting from Alaska.