No matter how awesome of a foster parent you are, there will be times when you will need to write an incident report. Many agencies have an incident report form for you to utilize, if not, feel free to print this example off.
You might need to write an incident report when:
- a child is injured,
- a child has a bigger than usual tantrum,
- a child discloses or alleges sexual or physical abuse,
- a child damages property or steals something of great value,
- law enforcement is called,
- a child runs away,
- a child harms someone or self harms.